I need hot breakfast in the morning. I’ve tried smoothies – and I can’t do them. Plus, if you’re on Weight Watchers, you know that blended fruit smoothies aren’t the best in the way of points anyways. So when you’re craving something sweet, but need a hot breakfast, you definitely need this Weight Watchers French Toast Recipe!
You can have four slices of this French Toast for 5sp (and that’s with 1/4 cup of syrup!), or pair it with fruit and it is only 4 smart points. If you’re on any other diet, this whole meal is under 170 calories! The key is finding low calorie bread that doesn’t taste like cardboard, and Healthy Life‘s is the best I’ve found so far! It’s 35 calories and 9 net carbs for 2 slices of bread. (This isn’t even a sponsored post, I’m just a huge fan).
4 Pieces of low-cal bread – I use Healthy Life’s Bread (4 slices are 3sp total)
1 Egg (0sp)
1/4 C Skim Milk (1sp)
1 tsp Cinnamon (0sp)
1/2 tsp Nutmeg (0sp)
1/2 tsp Allspice (0sp)
Cooking Spray (0sp)
Spray Butter (0sp)
Sugar-Free Syrup (I use Carys, which is 1 sp for 1/4 C)
- Put your skillet on the stove top to heat up.
- In a wide, shallow bowl – whisk together the egg, milk and all of your spices.
- Dip each side of the bread in the mixture, and add to the hot skillet. Make sure your skillet is sprayed with cooking spray.
- When you start to see bubbles forming on the face of the bread, flip! Cook for a few more minutes until each side is browned.
- Serve with spray butter and sugar-free syrup. Enjoy hot!
Interested in more recipes, besides Weight Watchers French Toast? Check out these mozzarella sticks! Let me know if you try either of these recipes in the comments below!